Trainers of Pallet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ah, the good ol' days...

Go down 
+4
IceOrFire
Snivy
somevidgameguy12
Lilith the Vulpix
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

Ah, the good ol' days... Empty
PostSubject: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 5:11 am

Hey Old Skool Pokémon Trainers!

Does everyone remember playing Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow versions? I sure do. Those were the very games that got me hooked on Pokémon in the first place.

This is what I remember from the "Old Skool" versions of Pokémon:

• The battle between Gengar and Nidorino in the opening title of Blue Version (along with the twangy music in the background)
  • Having to WALK the entire journey (since running shoes were not invented then)
  • The horrid Pokémon sprites used in these games (Pikachu in the Yellow Version was an exception, though... however, it was only the Pikachu you get from Oak that looks good and any other Pikachu you would catch in Veridian forest looked... odd.)
  • A couple of funny phrases people would say due to the translation from Japanese to English (did you ever catch any of those?)
  • Your Pokémon always looked FAT and AWKWARD, no matter what.

I'm done ranting. What about you guys? What do you remember about these "Old Skool" versions?
Back to top Go down
http://trainersofpallet.omgforum.net
somevidgameguy12

somevidgameguy12

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 8:51 am

Yea, I so remember those classic games! Very Happy I would choose Squirtle from those games every time I think. But, over the years, Nintendo did improve the Pokémon games Razz
Back to top Go down
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:01 am

somevidgameguy12 wrote:
Yea, I so remember those classic games! Very Happy I would choose Squirtle from those games every time I think. But, over the years, Nintendo did improve the Pokémon games Razz

Yep, Squirtle was always my first choice every time! ^_^ Of course when I got Red, I HAD to have Charmander, you know? I named my Blastoise "Shellshocker" from Pokémon: The First Movie (remember?) and my Charizard was always "Devastator" . ^^ Good names, huh? Ha...
Back to top Go down
somevidgameguy12

somevidgameguy12

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:06 am

Lilith the Vulpix wrote:
somevidgameguy12 wrote:

Yep, Squirtle was always my first choice every time! ^_^ Of course when I got Red, I HAD to have Charmander, you know? I named my Blastoise "Shellshocker" from Pokémon: The First Movie (remember?) and my Charizard was always "Devastator" . ^^ Good names, huh? Ha...

I don't know why but I prefer the water types when choosing my starter. That's why on my SoulSilver game, I love facing Red! affraid Yea, I remember from Pokémon: The First Movie! Those are good names. Very Happy I don't really nickname my Pokémon because I'm horrible with nicknames Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:11 am

somevidgameguy12 wrote:
Lilith the Vulpix wrote:
somevidgameguy12 wrote:

I don't know why but I prefer the water types when choosing my starter. That's why on my SoulSilver game, I love facing Red! affraid Yea, I remember from Pokémon: The First Movie! Those are good names. Very Happy I don't really nickname my Pokémon because I'm horrible with nicknames Neutral

I am a complete nickname freak... If you saw on the "New Trainers" forum what my SS team looked like, they all have nicknames. My user name represent Lilith, my Vulpix. She's a little devil... >Very Happy Anyways! Yes, those are the good ol' days. I really miss them (all of my cartridges broke... Sad )
Back to top Go down
somevidgameguy12

somevidgameguy12

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 am

Lilith the Vulpix wrote:
somevidgameguy12 wrote:
Lilith the Vulpix wrote:
somevidgameguy12 wrote:

I am a complete nickname freak... If you saw on the "New Trainers" forum what my SS team looked like, they all have nicknames. My user name represent Lilith, my Vulpix. She's a little devil... >Very Happy Anyways! Yes, those are the good ol' days. I really miss them (all of my cartridges broke... Sad )

Yea, I noticed the nicknames Surprised Oh jeez, I don't want to mess with that Vulpix! Razz Aww, that stinks No
Back to top Go down
Snivy
PokéMod
PokéMod
Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 3:11 pm

Well here's what I think of these games:
Pros:It's fun to play, trade, and beat Team Rocket.
Cons:It has a small button battery which needs replaced every so often.
My favorite starter is Charmander cause I do like Lizards and Salamanders.^^
Back to top Go down
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 7:26 pm

SoulSilverLugia wrote:
Well here's what I think of these games:
Pros:It's fun to play, trade, and beat Team Rocket.
Cons:It has a small button battery which needs replaced every so often.
My favorite starter is Charmander cause I do like Lizards and Salamanders.^^

Yeah, I really miss playing these games. Oh, one more thing about these games is that you couldn't see your Pokémon earn experience points after every battle. We had to go to the main menu and look at the Pokémon's summary to see how many experience points were needed to level up.

Last edited by Lilith the Vulpix on Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IceOrFire

IceOrFire

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 2:31 am

I sadly haven't played any of those games.. I want to though :c
Back to top Go down
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:11 am

IceOrFire wrote:

Well, if you want to play those games, go for it. You have to be warned that these are the very old games that started it all and they are not as advanced as the ones we play now. I have heard of "new" Trainers who started their love of Pokemon with the newer games and when they tried to play the old games, they ended up hating them because they were boring. It was boring to them because we are now spoiled with all the awesome technology out there and the old games are far from "high tech" nowadays.
Back to top Go down
IceOrFire

IceOrFire

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:28 am

Lilith the Vulpix wrote:
IceOrFire wrote:

Well, if you want to play those games, go for it. You have to be warned that these are the very old games that started it all and they are not as advanced as the ones we play now. I have heard of "new" Trainers who started their love of Pokemon with the newer games and when they tried to play the old games, they ended up hating them because they were boring. It was boring to them because we are now spoiled with all the awesome technology out there and the old games are far from "high tech" nowadays.

I looked but I have no where to get them though D:
Where are some places I'll be able to get them? ...if you know

True, but I still wanna play them XD They seem fun and it'll be nice to play them x3
Back to top Go down
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:55 am

Quote :

True, but I still wanna play them XD They seem fun and it'll be nice to play them x3

I looked on Ebay to find the old versions of Pokemon and have found a few.

Here is the link for Pokemon Yellow: http://catalog.ebay.com/?_pid=56230831&_trksid=p3907.l1428

Here is the link to Blue: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pokemon+blue+game&_sacat=0&_odkw=pokemon+blue&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Here is the link for Red: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pokemon+red+game+gameboy+color&_sacat=0&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_odkw=pokemon+red+game&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Those are the only good bets I can give you on finding the old Gameboy Color Versions. Do you have a Gameboy Color?
Back to top Go down
IceOrFire

IceOrFire

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:32 am

Lilith the Vulpix wrote:
Quote :

I looked on Ebay to find the old versions of Pokemon and have found a few.

Here is the link for Pokemon Yellow: http://catalog.ebay.com/?_pid=56230831&_trksid=p3907.l1428

Here is the link to Blue: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pokemon+blue+game&_sacat=0&_odkw=pokemon+blue&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Here is the link for Red: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=pokemon+red+game+gameboy+color&_sacat=0&_dmpt=Video_Games_Games&_odkw=pokemon+red+game&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Those are the only good bets I can give you on finding the old Gameboy Color Versions. Do you have a Gameboy Color?

Thank you!<3
I don't have one but I know someone who does, hopefully they'll let me use it x3
Back to top Go down
Balderdashington
Graphic Design Team
Graphic Design Team
Balderdashington

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Ah man these games were awesome. They were so advanced for their time. Between my friends and I, we had all of them. One of my friends loved Squirtle and water types, so obviously he go Pokemon Blue. My other friend loved Chamander and fires types and he got Red. I loved Bulbasaur but stupid Japan didn't port Pokemon Green to the Americas so I got Pokemon Yellow.

That game was so ridiculous. I mean COME ON!! The first Gym leader is rock type! Pikachu is useless. *sigh* Twas cool that he said his name when you chose him to battle though. Good times.
Back to top Go down
http://balderdashington.deviantart.com/
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:33 pm

Balderdashington wrote:
Ah man these games were awesome. They were so advanced for their time. Between my friends and I, we had all of them. One of my friends loved Squirtle and water types, so obviously he go Pokemon Blue. My other friend loved Chamander and fires types and he got Red. I loved Bulbasaur but stupid Japan didn't port Pokemon Green to the Americas so I got Pokemon Yellow.

That game was so ridiculous. I mean COME ON!! The first Gym leader is rock type! Pikachu is useless. *sigh* Twas cool that he said his name when you chose him to battle though. Good times.

Arrg... I know what you mean when you talk about having Pikachu as your starter and then having him be useless for the first Gym battle since Brock uses Rock types. I got so frustrated... But then I went out and caught myself a Rattata. I trained him until he learned lots of good moves, including Bubble Beam. -sigh- Ah, that was such an easy battle after that. xD
Back to top Go down
Balderdashington
Graphic Design Team
Graphic Design Team
Balderdashington

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:55 pm

Ya I always caught myself a Nidoran. It took down Brock quite well.
Back to top Go down
http://balderdashington.deviantart.com/
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 am

Quote :
Ya I always caught myself a Nidoran. It took down Brock quite well.

I agree with you, Char. ^^ I like Surf, Bubblebeam, Thunderbolt, Thunder, and Sheer cold. Those are my favorite moves. Metronome is really fun to use at times. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kimmy91

Kimmy91

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Ahh yes the old days. My very first pokemon game was the yellow version.I was so excited to play that game and i turned extremely happy when I got Pikachu.I was like 7 or 8 years old that time.The first few days i remembered that i was having a hard time getting Pikachu to like me in the game xD the funny looking sprites always made me laugh.But thanks to that game i also got into Pokemon and that and also the old pokemon cartoons thought me english! xD
Back to top Go down
Old Dragonite
PokéMod
PokéMod
Old Dragonite

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

I remember that I bought a Game boy Color just to play Pokémon. I had Yellow, Blue, Gold and Silver..

I used to start with Squirtle in the Blue version, 'cause of the first Gym (rock type)..
But in the yellow, argh! It was such a hard battle in the first gym! So I used to train a pidgey and a male nidoran, so I could defeat Brock.
Back to top Go down
Sabretusk

Sabretusk

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:54 am

This was always frustrating.Ah, the good ol' days... 34129_133086776711960_100000319168195_249061_2592642_n
Back to top Go down
Snivy
PokéMod
PokéMod
Snivy

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 3:55 am

Yes it is.
Back to top Go down
Lilith the Vulpix
Admin
Admin
Lilith the Vulpix

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 12:58 pm

That is the best Pokemon comic I have EVER seen. xDDDD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ah, the good ol' days...   Ah, the good ol' days... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ah, the good ol' days...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Trainers of Pallet :: Games, Games, Games... :: Pokémon Handheld Games :: Kickin' It Old Skool: Red, Blue, Green and Yellow Versions-
Jump to: